ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers’ management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need to complement our team with a top-notch optical engineer. The optical imager is an essential –if not the most essential – element of our system. As we progress on our mission, contacts with potential suppliers are becoming both richer and more frequent. Our primary objective is to have a reference point to coordinate these contacts. ScanWorld being a very young company, there is naturally a wide array of secondary objectives. These include issues related to calibration, systems engineering, and image processing.
ScanWorld is meant to substantially grow. You will be among the very first employees. There will be opportunities to grow together with the company.
Your role involves:
· Acting as the mission’s Principal Investigator;
· Understanding customers’ needs;
· Understanding system-level constraints;
· Updating payload requirements;
· Interfacing with potential suppliers;
· Identifying techno-economic optimums;
· Accommodating programmatic constraints;
· Following the payload design & development;
· Implementing the calibration strategy;
· Ensuring we deliver value and quality;
· Fixing climate change & saving the world.
Embrace the challenge!
· Master or PhD in Engineering or Science;
· Work experience with optical instruments;
· Positive can-do attitude;
· Curious about the world;
· Result-oriented achiever;
· Analytical thinker;
· Multidisciplinary brain;
· Excellent communicator;
· Fluent in English;
· Living or willing to relocate in Belgium.
Experience with hyperspectral technology is a plus.