ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops tools and applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need the support of a fantastic trainee who is interested in discovering with us services of digital agriculture around the world, especially those that include remote sensing data and soil carbon monitoring.
Your role involves:
· Surveying and testing various digital agricultural platforms in the market, with emphasis on those that include organic carbon monitoring and utilize remote sensing data;
. Preparing questionnaires and interviewing relevant carbon farming analytics stakeholders, such as platform managers;
· Supporting the compilation of scientific literature on digital soil organic carbon monitoring;
Embrace the challenge!
· A student in agronomy or agricultural engineering;
· Able to report in a structured manner (preferably in English);
. Analytical thinker;
· Positive can-do attitude;
· Curious about the world.