ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers’ management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need to complement our team with a top-notch data scientist specialised in image processing. We are experimenting with multiple data augmentation techniques, ranging from pan-sharpening to data fusion. As we progress on our mission, our investigations are becoming increasingly complex and tightly linked to our system design. Our primary objective is to have a reference point to coordinate these efforts and interface with the rest of the team. ScanWorld being a very young company, there is naturally a wide array of secondary objectives. These mostly include issues related to remote sensing image processing (e.g. referencing, calibration), as well as interactions with the team working on data storage and access architectures.
ScanWorld is meant to substantially grow. You will be among the very first employees. There will be opportunities to grow together with the company.
Your role involves:
· Understanding customers’ needs;
· Understanding system-level constraints;
· Identifying data augmentation techniques;
· Implementing data fusion techniques;
· Implementing pan-sharpening techniques;
· Developing a spectral signature database;
· Interfacing with potential suppliers;
· Identifying techno-economic optimums;
· Accommodating programmatic constraints;
· Ensuring we deliver value and quality;
· Fixing climate change & saving the world.
Embrace the challenge!
· Master or PhD in Engineering or Science;
· Experience with deep learning applied to satellite image processing;
· Experience with image processing, specifically related to data fusion, image classification and radiative transfer models;
· Positive can-do attitude;
· Curious about the world;
· Result-oriented achiever;
· Analytical thinker;
· Multidisciplinary brain;
· Excellent communicator;
· Fluent in English;
· Living or willing to relocate in Belgium.
Experience with hyperspectral technology is a plus.