ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops tools and applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need to complement our team with a top-notch data scientist specialised in remote sensing imagery processing. We are specifically interested in skills related to radiometric calibration, atmospheric correction, and geo-referencing. Our primary objective is to have a reference point to coordinate these efforts and interface with the rest of the team. ScanWorld being a very young company, there is naturally a wide array of secondary objectives.
ScanWorld is meant to substantially grow. You will be among the very first employees. There will be opportunities to grow together with the company.
Your role involves:
· Reporting to the Chief Science Officer;
· Selecting and implementing appropriate algorithms and methodologies;
· Understanding system-level constraints;
· Interfacing with potential suppliers;
· Identifying techno-economic optimums;
· Accommodating programmatic constraints;
· Ensuring we deliver value and quality.
Embrace the challenge!
· MSc or PhD in Engineering or Science;
· Experience with image processing, specifically related to radiometric calibration, atmospheric corrections, radiative transfer models, geo-referencing, data formats;
· Positive can-do attitude, curious about the world, result-oriented, analytical thinker, multidisciplinary brain;
· Excellent communicator, fluent in English;
· Living or willing to relocate in Belgium (Liège or Brussels).
Experience with hyperspectral technology is a plus.