ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops tools and applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need to complement our team with a top-notch Data Infrastructure team Lead. The successful candidate will join the Science Team to coordinate the development and operation of the Data Infrastructure. This is the underlying infrastructure for the image segment that ScanWorld is developing to host its processing chain, data store, and dissemination platform to deliver hyperspectral data to its customers.
ScanWorld is meant to substantially grow. You will be among the very first employees. There will be opportunities to grow together with the company.
Your role involves:
· Reporting to the Chief Science Officer;
· Understanding system-level constraints;
· Defining a development plan;
· Building up an A-team;
· Implementing that development plan;
· Accommodating programmatic constraints;
· Identifying techno-economic optimums;
· Interfacing with potential suppliers;
· Ensuring we deliver value and quality.
Embrace the challenge!
· MSc or PhD in Computer Science;
· Work experience with current web application technologies to visualize, analyse, and deliver satellite imagery;
· Familiar with cloud infrastructure, storage formats of satellite imagery, and database query languages.
· Positive can-do attitude, curious about the world, result-oriented, analytical thinker, multidisciplinary brain;
· Excellent communicator, fluent in English;
· Living or willing to relocate in Belgium (Liège or Brussels).
Work experience in processing and analysing Earth Science data, and in particular hyperspectral imagery, is a plus.