ScanWorld is on a mission to change the way we see the world. We are building an infrastructure able to deliver high-quality hyperspectral images of any point of the globe, twice a week. This enables a wide range of applications such as vegetation disease alerts, water and fertilisers’ management, pollution assessment, etc.
Our primary market is agriculture, with a specific focus on analytic service providers for digital farming. Other verticals within our scope of interest include forestry, environment, natural resources, infrastructure, construction, energy, etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary team. One group designs a constellation of small satellites. A second group creates new ways to store and access large arrays of data. The third group develops applications based on deep learning algorithms. We are all passionate about what we do.
We need to complement our team with a top-notch business development manager. As we progress on our mission, contacts with potential customers are becoming both richer and more frequent. Our primary objective is to have a reference point to coordinate these contacts. ScanWorld being a very young company, there is naturally a wide array of secondary objectives. These include sales, marketing, proposals writing, product definition, partnerships coordination, strategic planning, etc.
ScanWorld is meant to substantially grow. You will be among the very first employees. There will be opportunities to grow together with the company.
Your role involves:
· Monitoring market dynamics;
· Identifying opportunities;
· Developing use cases;
· Consolidating user requirements;
· Defining a sales strategy;
· Contacting potential customers;
· Maintaining customer relationships;
· Developing business cases;
· Writing commercial offers and proposals;
· Negotiating contracts;
· Ensuring we deliver value;
· Coordinating partnerships;
· Shaping the company’s strategy;
· Feeding the company’s business plan;
· Fixing climate change & saving the world.
There is a lot of work!
· Positive can-do attitude;
· Self-driven entrepreneur;
· Curious about the world;
· Result-oriented achiever;
· Analytical thinker;
· Multidisciplinary brain;
· Excellent communicator;
· Fluent in English;
· Living or willing to relocate in Belgium.
Given the highly technical nature of our product, a degree in engineering, science, or work experience in a technology company is a plus.
An experience in start-ups and scale-ups finance (e.g. fundraising, venture capital) is a plus.